Adversarial Machine Learning
- focus on adversarial examples on safety applications
Computer and Network Security
- focus on privacy leakage issues on IoT-Cloud architecture and home IoT gateways
Data Privacy and Anonymization
- focus on perturbation-based techniques & differential privacy system implementation
1. Visiting Professor, Department of Computer Science, University of Illinois at Chicago, 2016/7 – 2016/9
2. Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Yuan Ze University, 2013/8 – 2016/7
3. Visiting Professor, Department of Mathematics, University of Padua, 2015/8 – 2015/9
4. Visiting Professor, School of Global Information and Telecom. Studies, Waseda University, 2015/2 – 2015/3
5. Postodc, Data-Intensive Systems and Analytics, IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Center, 2012/9 – 2013/7
6. Visiting Scholar, Electrical and Electronic Engineering Department, Imperial College London, 2012/1 – 2012/9
7. Research Assistant, Institute of Information Science, Academia Sinica, 2011/9 – 2012/1
8. Visiting Scholar, Harvard School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Harvard University, 2010/9 – 2011/9
9. Research Assistant, Institute of Information Science, Academia Sinica, 2004/9 – 2010/9
1. Associate Editor, IEEE Access Journal, 2014 – 2016
2. Associate Editor, Security and Communication Networks, 2014 – 2016
3. Associate Editor, Journal of Internet Technology, 2016 – 2016
Object-Oriented Programming (undergraduate, 2017 spring)
Privacy-Preserving Computing (graduate, 2017 spring)
Statistics (undergraduate, 2016 fall)
Information Security and Cryptography (undergraduate, 2016 fall)
Computer Security (graduate, 2016 fall)
1. Xuebin Ren, Chia-Mu Yu. Weiren Yu, Shusen Yang, Xinyu Yang, Julie McCann, and Philip S. Yu. LoPub: High-Dimensional Crowdsourced Data Publication with Local Differential Privacy. IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, 2018.
2. Po-Yen Lee, Chia-Mu Yu, Tooska Dargahi, Mauro Conti, and Giuseppe Bianchi. MDSClone: Multidimensional Scaling Aided Clone Detection in Internet of Things. IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, 2018.
3. Chia-Mu Yu, Sarada Prasad Gochhayat, Mauro Conti, Chun-Shien Lu. Privacy Aware Data Deduplication for Side Channel in Cloud Storage. IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing, 2018.
4. Hung-Li Chen, Yao-Tung Tsou, Bo-Chen Tai, Szu-Chuang Li, Yennun Huang, Chia-Mu Yu, and Yu-Shian Chiu. Developments and Applications of Data Deidentification Technology Under Big Data. Journal of Electronic Science and Technology (JEST), 2017.
5. Chi-Yuan Chen, Hsin-Min Wu, Lei Wang, Chia-Mu Yu. Practical Integrity Preservation for Data Streaming in Cloud-Assisted Healthcare Sensor Systems. Computer Networks. 2017.
6. Chia-Mu Yu, Chi-Yuan Chen, and Han-Chieh Chao. Privacy-Preserving Multi-Keyword Similarity Search over Outsourced Cloud Data. IEEE Systems Journal, 2017.
7. Chia-Mu Yu, Chun-Shien Lu, and Sy-Yen Kuo. Compressed Sensing-Based Clone Identification in Sensor Networks. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 2016.
8. Chia-Mu Yu, Chi-Yuan Chen, and Han-Chieh Chao. Verifiable, Privacy-Assured, and Accurate Biomedical Signal Collection for Cloud-Assisted Wireless Body Sensor Networks. IEEE Communications Magazine. 2015.
9. Chia-Mu Yu, Chi-Yuan Chen, and Han-Chieh Chao. Proof of Ownership in Deduplicated Cloud Storage with Mobile Device Efficiency. IEEE Network. 2015.
10. Chia-Mu Yu, Guo-Kai Ni, Ing-Yi Chen, Erol Gelenbe, and Sy-Yen Kuo. Top-k Query Result Completeness Verification in Tiered Sensor Networks. IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, 2014.
11. Chia-Mu Yu, Chi-Yuan Chen, Sy-Yen Kuo, Han-Chieh Chao. Privacy-Preserving Power Request in Smart Grid Networks. IEEE Systems Journal, 2014.
12. Chia-Mu Yu, Yao-Tung Tsou, Chun-Shien Lu, and Sy-Yen Kuo. Localized Algorithms for Detection of Node Replication Attacks in Mobile Sensor Networks. IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, 2013.
13. Chia-Mu Yu, Sung-Hsien Hsieh, Han-Wen Liang, Chun-Shien Lu, Wei-Ho Chung, Sy-Yen Kuo, and Soo-Chang Pei. Compressed Sensing Detector Design for Space Shift Keying in MIMO Systems. IEEE Communications Letters, 2012.
14. Chia-Mu Yu, Yao-Tung Tsou, Chun-Shien Lu, and Sy-Yen Kuo. Practical and Secure Multi- dimensional Query Framework in Tiered Sensor Networks. IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, 2011.
15. Chia-Mu Yu, Yao-Tung Tsou, Chun-Shien Lu, and Sy-Yen Kuo. Constrained Function Based Message Authentication for Sensor Networks. IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, 2011.
161. Chia-Mu Yu, Cheng-Chung Li, Chun-Shien Lu, and Sy-Yen Kuo. An Application-Driven Attack Probability-Based Deterministic Pairwise Key Pre-distribution Scheme for Non-Uniformly Deployed Sensor Networks. International Journal of Sensor Networks (IJSNet), 2011.
17. Chia-Mu Yu, Chun-Shien Lu, and Sy-Yen Kuo. Non-Interactive Pairwise Key Establishment for Sensor Networks. IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, 2010.
18. Chia-Mu Yu, Chi-Yuan Chen, Chun-Shien Lu, Sy-Yen Kuo, and Han-Chieh Chao. Acquiring Authentic Data in Unattended Wireless Sensor Networks. Sensors Journal, 2010.
Conference Publication (from 2014)
1. Pei-Shuan Lu, Pin-Yu Chen, and Chia-Mu Yu. On the Limitation of Local Intrinsic Dimensionality for Characterizing the Subspaces of Adversarial Examples. International Conference on Learning Representations (ICLR), 2018. (workshop track)
2. Pei-Shuan Lu, Pin-Yu Chen, Kang-Cheng Chen, and Chia-Mu Yu. On the Limitation of MagNet Defense against L1-based Adversarial Examples. Workshop of Dependable and Secure Machine Learning (DSML), 2018.
3. Kang-Cheng Chen, Pin-Yu Chen, and Chia-Mu Yu. REMIX: Mitigating Adversarial Perturbation by Reforming, Masking and Inpainting. IEEE S&P, 2018. (poster)
4. Pei-Shuan Lu and Chia-Mu Yu. A Unified Framework of Differentially Private Synthetic Data Release with Generative Adversarial Network. ACM CCS, 2017. (poster)
5. Hsien-De Huang, Chia-Mu Yu, and Hung-Yu Kao. Look! Ransomware is there: Large Scale Ransomware Detection with Naked Eye. Ruxcon Security Conference, 2017.
6. Hsien-De Huang, Chia-Mu Yu, and Hung-Yu Kao. R2-D2: Color-Inspired Convolutional Neural Network (CNN)-based Android Malware Detection. OWASP AppSec USA, 2017
7. Mahmoud Barhamgi, Mu Yang, Chia-Mu Yu, Yijun Yu, Arosha K. Bandara, Djamal Benslimane, and Bashar Nuseibeh. Enabling End-Users to Protect their Privacy. ACM ASIACCS, 2017. (poster)
8. Chia-Mu Yu. XDedup: Efficient Provably-Secure Cross-User Chunk-Level Client-Side Deduplicated Cloud Storage of Encrypted Data. ACM CCS, 2016. (poster)
9. Hsien-De Huang and Chia-Mu Yu. Adaptive Data-Driven and Region-Aware Detection for Deceptive Advertising. IEEE S&P, San Jose, California, USA, 2016. (poster)
10. Hung-Chuan Wei, Yung-Hao Tung, Chia-Mu Yu. Counteracting UDP Flooding Attacks in SDN. IEEE SDN-IoT, 2016.
11. Chia-Mu Yu. Lightweight Streaming Authenticated Data Structures. ACM CCS, 2015. (poster)
12. Chia-Mu Yu, Shin-Ying Huang, and Yennun Huang. New Techniques for Streaming Authenticated Data Structures. IEEE/IFIP DSN, 2015. (fast abstract)
13. Ting-Hsu Chang, Chia-Mu Yu, Wei-Ho Chung, and Sy-Yen Kuo. Locating Stuck-at Error in Quantum Boolean Circuits. IEEE/IFIP DSN, 2015. (fast abstract)
14. Chia-Mu Yu. HTTP Botnet Resilient to Takedown. IEEE S&P, 2014. (poster)
15. Chia-Mu Yu. Detecting Clones in IoT Environment without Using Location Information. IEEE SECON, 2014.